<< Home > << Explaining History
Fifteen minutes of 20th Century History for students and enthusiasts.
March 2017 Episodes:
- 2017 Exams Special: Expert study advice with Lucy Parsons
- In a slight change from our regular episodes, I've interviewed study specialist and coach Lucy Parsons to offer her knowledge on how to prepare for history exams and what skills are needed to excel at A level. Coming on Friday: Berlin and Willy Brandt.
You can find out more about Lucy's academic coaching @ http://lifemoreextraordinary.com
- The World Recession in the 1970s
- After three decades of unprecedented global economic growth from the Second World War onwards, the economy of the first world experienced prolonged economic crisis throughout the 1970s and 1980s. This podcast explores the long and short term causes of the crisis.
- French Fascism 1919-1939
- Throughout the interwar period French politics polarised between right and left, but unlike Germany, the political centre ground managed to hold. On the right, a series of anti communist, pro Catholic, nationalist and militarist parties and societies proliferated, but it took a German invasion in 1940 to create a fascist government in France in the guise of the Vichy regime.